New rifle - Sig Sauer M400 Classic

Skyder du med sortkrudt, røgsvagt eller samler du på skydevåben er det stedet for dig.
Besvar
Universal 2.0

New rifle - Sig Sauer M400 Classic

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 3. dec 2016, 15:39

After nearly two decades of resisting the urge I finally broke down and purchased a rifle. I ended up with a Sig Sauer M400 Classic, which is an AR-15 style rifle. As the name kind of indicates, it is a civilian version of the the U.S. military M4A1. By law the barrel is 1.5 inches longer (16 inches versus the M4's 14.5 inches) and is semi-auto rather than semi-auto and full auto. Like the military rifle it is chambered in the 5.56x45 NATO caliber, so it will fire that round and the .223 Remington round too.

As I normally only own guns for self defense, I still do not see a real need for this weapon as shooting anything or anyone at distances beyond what I can hit with a handgun or shotgun will probably land me in prison. This is, however, something I enjoy shooting and honestly have wanted to own for a long time. So, I figured that in this time in my life it would be OK to buy something I really do not need but want. :smile:

This is not my actual rifle but a photo of the exact model.
Vedhæftede filer
sig-sauer-M400-Classic.jpg
sig-sauer-M400-Classic.jpg (46.53 KiB) Vist 8746 gange

Brugeravatar
Agamemnon
Interesser: Skydning genladning Etymologi
Geografisk sted: København

Re: New rifle - Sig Sauer M400 Classic

Indlæg af Agamemnon » 3. dec 2016, 15:46

Tillykke med den. Det er en super riffel fra en fremragende producent. :numberone:
Har selv en Sig 516 CQB. Den skyder fantastisk. Dén skal du nok blive glad for.

BTW
Your profile avatar seems to have gained a few lbs :biggrin:
Universal 2.1 maybe?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke, 1729-1797.

Brugeravatar
Bofhenator
Interesser: Pistol, Riffeljagt, Genladning
Geografisk sted: Nordsjælland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Bofhenator » 3. dec 2016, 15:56

Den er lækker, tillykke!

Og selvom man har en tilgang til sine våben om de skal have et bestemt formål, så kan man jo godt nogen gange bare give efter fordi det er sjovt :-)
/bofh
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Hanlons razor

Universal 2.0

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 3. dec 2016, 16:00

Agamemnon skrev:Tillykke med den. Det er en super riffel fra en fremragende producent. :numberone:
Har selv en Sig 516 CQB. Den skyder fantastisk. Dén skal du nok blive glad for.

BTW
Your profile avatar seems to have gained a few lbs :biggrin:
Universal 2.1 maybe?
Mange tak! Jeg har ikke skudt med den endnu, men tror jeg kommer til at lide den.

My new avatar was a "birthday" present from Rene KJ. :razz:

https://www.nordisk-forum.dk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=66391

Universal 2.0

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 3. dec 2016, 16:09

Bofhenator skrev:Den er lækker, tillykke!

Og selvom man har en tilgang til sine våben om de skal have et bestemt formål, så kan man jo godt nogen gange bare give efter fordi det er sjovt :-)
Jo, det har du helt ret i, men det bliver noget nyt for mig. :giggle: I normally do not own things I have no need for, but I figured I am old enough and make enough money that it would be OK to "cheat." For the ones of you who have been around for a while, you may remember that I absolutely love the M1 Garand rifle, and I even looked at some. They are, however, super expensive and I do not know enough about them to to know if I am getting ripped off. Also, the 5.56/223 ammo is cheaper and more fun to shoot than the 30-06.

My brother in law, former U.S. Army Ranger among other things, builds custom AR-15s as a hobby, but when I spoke to him about building me one, he offered me the Sig for sale at such a good price it was hard to resist. It is brand new and has never been fired. He is pretty funny though because he offered to take it apart and put it back together when I asked if he would rather build one. :rolf:

My last formal training on the AR/M16 platform was in 2003 so I have a lot to relearn.

Slettes3
UDMELDT AF NVF
Interesser: Slettes
Geografisk sted: Danmark
Geografisk sted: Danmark

Indlæg af Slettes3 » 3. dec 2016, 18:22

Universal 2.0 skrev:

As I normally only own guns for self defense, I still do not see a real need for this weapon as shooting anything or anyone at distances beyond what I can hit with a handgun or shotgun will probably land me in prison.
As you might know purchasing such a rifle here in this country with the idea that if anything goes down, one is prepared, isn´t officially accepted.

BTW... nice rig if anything should go down :giggle:

Brugeravatar
Bofhenator
Interesser: Pistol, Riffeljagt, Genladning
Geografisk sted: Nordsjælland
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Bofhenator » 3. dec 2016, 20:08

Universal 2.0 skrev:
My last formal training on the AR/M16 platform was in 2003 so I have a lot to relearn.
Some things are just like riding a bike ;-)

Jeg fik for nylig en M/75 (H&K G3) i hånden igen, jeg fik den i sin tid byttet ud med en M/96 (M4A1) i slutningen af 90'erne og har ikke fiflet med en siden. Men da jeg først havde den i hænderne faldt det fuldstændig naturligt igen :-)
/bofh
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Hanlons razor

Universal 2.0

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 4. dec 2016, 00:39

Bofhenator skrev:
Universal 2.0 skrev:
Some things are just like riding a bike ;-)

Jeg fik for nylig en M/75 (H&K G3) i hånden igen, jeg fik den i sin tid byttet ud med en M/96 (M4A1) i slutningen af 90'erne og har ikke fiflet med en siden. Men da jeg først havde den i hænderne faldt det fuldstændig naturligt igen :-)
Turns out that is very true. Shot the rifle today and hit everything I aimed at. Great rifle and seems to be a great fit for me. Field stripping and cleaning was a pain though. :oops:

Brugeravatar
Kruffe
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Historiske våben og jagt
Geografisk sted: Kongeriget Jylland

Indlæg af Kruffe » 4. dec 2016, 01:28

Universal 2.0 skrev:

Jo, det har du helt ret i, men det bliver noget nyt for mig. :giggle: I normally do not own things I have no need for, but I figured I am old enough and make enough money that it would be OK to "cheat." For the ones of you who have been around for a while, you may remember that I absolutely love the M1 Garand rifle, and I even looked at some. They are, however, super expensive and I do not know enough about them to to know if I am getting ripped off. Also, the 5.56/223 ammo is cheaper and more fun to shoot than the 30-06.

My brother in law, former U.S. Army Ranger among other things, builds custom AR-15s as a hobby, but when I spoke to him about building me one, he offered me the Sig for sale at such a good price it was hard to resist. It is brand new and has never been fired. He is pretty funny though because he offered to take it apart and put it back together when I asked if he would rather build one. :rolf:

You can buy M1 Garands from the CMP. Very reasonable pricing...and you will not get ripped off
Enfield - everything else is just a rifle. Unless it's a Garand.

Universal 2.0

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 4. dec 2016, 05:23

Kruffe skrev:
Universal 2.0 skrev:

You can buy M1 Garands from the CMP. Very reasonable pricing...and you will not get ripped off
It is not all that simple. I checked into it and it requires membership in qualified shooting clubs, which often requires membership in the NRA. I wish it was easier because you are correct, the prices are very reasonable.

I had a sergeant on the police department who was a member of a club and qualified back in the 2000-2003 timeframe when the returned lend lease M1s from Denmark were available. We talked about picking up a pair but I cannot recall why it did not happen. It would have been a neat rifle to have. :danish:

Maybe some day the M1 will be a reality but for now I am happy with the M400. :thumbup:

Brugeravatar
Refraktorius
Admin
Admin
Interesser: Skydning, dimser og alu-bats
Geografisk sted: Århus

Indlæg af Refraktorius » 4. dec 2016, 10:16

Universal 2.0 skrev:.... Field stripping and cleaning was a pain though. :oops:
Når man lige har gjort det et par gange er de ikke så slemme.

AR-riflerne er bare anderledes og mindre, hvis man er vant til at stikke sine fede fingre i en 7.62 riffel.

Tillykke med skyderen.
:razz:

(Og så synes jeg det er morsomt, at de har været i omløb så længe, at de nu kan kaldes "Classic" :giggle: )
"Det tager kun 2 minutter at læse opslagene øverst i et forum."

Universal 2.0

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 26. jan 2017, 01:47

Well, that was not fun for long. My gut told me for nearly 20 years that I had no need for an AR, or any rifle for that matter, and despite telling myself that it was OK to own something I had no need for, I just could not get into it.

After some soul searching it became clear to me that I am really a pistols only kind of person, so the AR and my Remington 870 went bye bye. I was able to sell the AR for the same price I purchased it for, and got a pretty good price for the shotgun.

As much fun as shooting the AR is, it is SUCH a pain in the ass to clean. Also, and I admit that I am a whimp, shooting the shotgun is just not fun. I am happy to report, however, that both went to good homes. :Hug:

:twoguns:

458hunter
Platin Member
Platin Member
Interesser: Skydning, jagt og MC
Geografisk sted: Øst-Sjælland

Indlæg af 458hunter » 26. jan 2017, 10:52

Don't like to clean AR's? Get a piston-driven ;-)

I clean it exactly like my bolt-actions - with a bore-snake.

ReneKJ
This member is
This member is
Interesser: Våbenrelateret information
Geografisk sted: Jylland

Indlæg af ReneKJ » 26. jan 2017, 11:24

Universal 2.0 skrev: After some soul searching it became clear to me that I am really a pistols only kind of person, so the AR and my Remington 870 went bye bye. I was able to sell the AR for the same price I purchased it for, and got a pretty good price for the shotgun.
Well there is such a thing as an AR pistol, which to my understanding combines all the disadvantages of both pistols and rifles into one neat package.
You know you want it :fun:
Pistol6.jpg
Pistol6.jpg (476.52 KiB) Vist 8127 gange

Universal 2.0

Indlæg af Universal 2.0 » 26. jan 2017, 13:28

ReneKJ skrev:
Universal 2.0 skrev: After some soul searching it became clear to me that I am really a pistols only kind of person, so the AR and my Remington 870 went bye bye. I was able to sell the AR for the same price I purchased it for, and got a pretty good price for the shotgun.
Well there is such a thing as an AR pistol, which to my understanding combines all the disadvantages of both pistols and rifles into one neat package.
You know you want it :fun:

Pistol6.jpg
I must admit that was very funny. :thumbup:

Besvar